I was browsing amazon offers on mobiles today and stumbled upon Pomades online. Are you a new user of pomades and may be ask you’re what the major difference of pomades and hair gels is? Or may be using it for years but not quite sure why are you staying with pomade??
Well, that’s not a problem let’s know about some basics of pomades and how it’s different from other hair products.
There are 4 basic parts of pomades and they are-
- They are mainly formulated for classic hairstyle
- It must absolutely contain beeswax or some other form of wax for styling purposes.
- There are mainly 2 types of pomades- 3.a) oil-based pomade and 3.b)water-bases pomade.
- Pomade should firm your hair, not harden.
Let’s get to know about them in detail-
- They are mainly formulated for classic hairstyle: most of the people use pomade to create the classic side part type style in their hair. More over early in the 20th century pomade is formulated to style the pompadour. Unlike the gel, pomade is applied evenly to the hair to tame and style not to create any volume or spiking.
- It must absolutely contain beeswax or some other form of wax for styling purposes:
Actually the main ingredient by which pomade is formed is the wax base. Many large companies are being aware of the popularity of the pomades and they are infusing their products with strictly Hydrogenated Castor Oil. Though for many companies oil present is not the vital in their formulation of pomades.
- There are mainly 2 types of pomades-
- Oil based pomade: oil-based pomade got popularity during the early year with the popularity of side parting hair style. Oil based pomade are formed with limited 3-5 ingredients usually natural oils, beeswax and a fragrance. But they are not easily removed from your hair.
- Water based pomade: water-based pomade are very new in the world of pomade. They have gained popularity in the early 2000’s. Water based pomades are easily rinse out with only water and no shampoo is needed.
- Pomade should firm your hair, not harden: whatever your style is a good quality based pomade should assist in styling your hair when your hair is slightly wet and then becoming firm to hold your desired hair style. But once it dried this product is never be so hard like hair gel and hair wax. And you can easily restyle your hair by using pomades.
So, this are the basic facts of pomade which make it different from any other hair styling products.